Tuesday 12 January 2010

New Home

A couple of friends moving home is just another excuse to make some cards.



The house design was embossed onto paper using a brass stencil. I coloured in the house design using Twinkling H20s. I used a tag shape card to make a change from my usual favourite square cards and to finish off a little piece on gingham ribbon was tied through the top. The brown recycled look for the card gives the card a rustic look. It's looking like gingham ribbon maybe on the list of favourite craft items for 2010. I love to add ribbon onto cards and the gingham pattern makes a change from the normal plain coloured ribbons.



The tree line background was stamped using one of my Christmas presents, Stampin'Up wheel Funky Forest. I was very pleased how the tree line came out. The house, roof, windows and door shape were cut from various coloured papers from a house shape I drew myself. A textured look was added to the grass and roof using VersaMark ink pad and Stampin'Up Sanded stamp. The words were made from letter printed onto paper and then cut into rectangle shapes and stuck on individually. I tied linen thread (which is also probably going to be on my favourite list)round the bottom on the card.

No comments: