Thursday 14 January 2010

Twit Twoo



Owl designs seem to be everywhere at the moment. So to keep up with card trends here's my owl card. This card is for my dad's birthday which is on Sunday.

The usually tricky task of a card for a man was made all the easier with this stamp. The stamp is my Dawn Bibby. The owl, branch and leaf design came as part of a set which I got for Christmas. Christmas has certainly increased my craft stash!

I used dark green for the card which I then cut a label shape out of the front using Nestabilities. I stuck acetate on the left hand inside of the card and blue paper on the other side. The owl design was stamped onto dark and light brown card using brown Memento ink pad. I used Sakura pens to add detail. The branch and owl were stuck on the front acetate panel using double sided tape. I stamped another owl and branch so I could stick them on the inside of the acetate to cover the double sided tape up. I stamped an cut out some leaves to place around the edge of the card.

I was very pleased with my first owl card and hope my dad likes it too. Twit Twoo!

No comments: