Friday 19 March 2010

Friendship Card


This is a card I made for the March Do Craft Friendship card swap. It was the first swap I'd taken part in. It was nice to get a card in return and a very nice card it was too.

My card was a bit of the old and a bit of the new. The old being my usual stamping and colouring-in and the new being the technique I used for background design .



I chose to use one of my favourite Tilda stamp, Tilda picking lilacs. She was stamped with Memento ink pad and coloured in with ProMarkers. I added highlights in the lilacs with a Sakura pen. Once I'd finished the colouring I cut her out. I added a strip of light green card to the card base for the grass. I cut two slits in the card and thread lilac gingham ribbon through. I tied a bow and added it with PVA glue. The greeting is a stamp by Hero Arts.



The new technique I tried on the background was for the flowers and butterflies in the blue sky background. I drew the flower design lightly in pencil on the blue card. I then used a Screw Punch tool to punch the holes out. I regularly use this tool but not to create patterns. I used a variety of hole sizes to create interest. I used the same technique for the butterflies.

On the back of the blue card I attached coloured paper so it would show through the holes. I used Sakura pens for the centre of the flowers and butterflies. To finish I added my Tilda with foam pads.

No comments: