Monday 5 April 2010

DoCrafts challenge cards



These are two challenge cards I've made for the Sunday Stamping Challenge (SSC)and Clare's Weekly Challenge on the DoCrafts website www.docrafts.co.uk. Both cards use stamps by Little Claire Designs (www.littleclaire.co.uk/).



My first cards is for the Sunday Stamping Challenge (SSC). The theme of the challenge was to make a card with a matching bookmark but you had to use the same stamp on both. As you can see from the photo below the bookmark and the pink panels use the same stamp. The stamp I used was Camellia by Little Claire Designs. The pink panels were stamped with VersaMark ink pad and heat embossed with white embossing powder. The bookmark was stamped with Memento ink pad and coloured in with ProMarkers.



The card blank was created from one piece of A4 card which I folded to 1/3 A4 and I cut away a diagonal panel. This create a 'Concertina' card. On three of the panels I attached a pink embossed flower panel which was mounted into a piece of white paper. On the inside panel I punched a strip of the green card with the Martha Stewart flower punch. This was attached to the card to create a holder for the bookmark.



The bookmark was create from a strip of green card which I attached a flower strip which was stamped and then coloured in with ProMarkers. I added a tassel through a hole in the green card.



The greeting on the front was create from two circles which were cut with Nestabilities. The flower edge is Camellia boarder stamp also by Little Claire Designs. This was again coloured in with ProMarkers.

My second card is for Clare's Weekly Challenge. The inspiration photo for this challenge was an old fashioned telephone box in the snow. I used the bold colours of the red and white as my inspiration for this card.



The flower stamp is PomPom Dahlia by Little Claire Designs. It was stamped with Memento ink pad and coloured in with ProMarkers. I also used the same stamp to create a patterned background panel. I just stamped the head of the flower using scarlet Versacolour ink pad.



I used layers of red and white paper for the card. To finish I added red ribbon and a bow. The greeting was a Stampin'Up greeting stamp which I stamped in red ink on a small tag.

No comments: