Sunday 18 April 2010

Little birds



These are the little cards I've made for Clare's Weekly Challenge on the DoCrafts website, www.docrafts.co.uk

This weeks challenge you had to take inspiration from a photo. The photo was of a hot sandy desert. I used the colours for my inspiration.

The sky was bright blue, I used this colour for the bird. There was a white layer in the sky with I used for the circle background. There were green tips to plants so I used this for the wing and branch. The sand was shades of brown, gold and orange so I used this for the card, scalloped frame and flower. The flower and birds' eye was added with Pearl Dimensions.

The bird punch is by Stampin' Up and is from their new mini catalogue. It's such a pretty little bird. I think it would be suitable for so many occasions. The circles were cut out using Nestabilities.

No comments: