Wednesday 21 April 2010

Penny Black challenge card

Firstly I'd like to say hello to all my new followers! Hello!! Nice to having you along for the ride.

This is a card I made for the Penny Black challenge on the DoCrafts website, www.docrafts.co.uk

The theme of the challenge was to use a new item from your crafty stash and used a colour scheme of black and pink. I had bought a new set of Penny Black stamps at Ally Pally the other week and funny enough I hadn't got round to using them yet (probably because I've too many other new bits) so this was an ideal first use.



The stamp set was called Wonderful Day. I stamped the hedgehog image twice with a Memento ink pad and coloured it in with ProMarkers. I cut one of the coloured in images out with Nestabilities. I also cut a frame out of black card. From the other hedgehog image I cut out the flower head and ladybird and attached it to the first image with foam pads. I added Glossy Accents to the ladybird. I also stamped and coloured in a butterfly and snail from the same stamp set.

I cut a large black square of black card for the main background. Onto this I attached a bright pink and stripped pink paper panels with double side tape. The stripped paper is by Hugs and Honey by Papermania. The centre black strip was punched with Martha Stewart hydrangeas punch. I punched both long edges of a strip of black card.

The flower was a white Prima paper flower which I strayed with Craftynotions pink lustre stray. I'd never done this before and I was very pleased with the result. I've got a couple of sprays that I've not really used but I think that might change.

I attached the flower with a brad and the butterfly and snail with a quickie glue pen.

2 comments:

coops said...

gorgeous card, i love the image and really fab colours.great layout too.luv coops.xx

Cherie said...

Hi, a fabulous card Georgina, lovely colours and layout.
Love Cherie