Sunday 25 April 2010

Tilda with a citrus twist



This is the card I've made for this fortnight Tilda challenge on the DoCrafts website, www.docrafts.co.uk

The theme of the challenge was to use citrus colours, so as you can see I used lemon yellow, lime green and orange for the tall flowers and also for the flowers in Tildas hair.



The stamps I used for this card are the spring Magnolia Stamp Club set. They only arrived a couple of days ago and I couldn't wait to use them. I used a Memento ink pad to stamp the images and they were coloured in using ProMarkers. I used masking on Tildas right hand so I could get the tall flower to appear like it's behind her. The coloured image was cut out and mounted into a square of gold card.



For the background I chose a colourful flowery paper. Although it's highly patterned, its colours are quite pastel so it doesn't detract from Tilda. I also added a scalloped punched strip of pale yellow paper. I used my Stampin' Up scalloped punch for the edge.

When I stamped the main image I also stamped three additional butterflies and also a mini Tilda. These were also part of the spring stamp set. I coloured this in with ProMarkers and attached them with double sided tape. The mini Tilda is so cute. I just had to use her.

1 comment:

coops said...

gorgeous card, love the tilda and the background is fab.great colours and layout and love the little tilda.luv coops.xx