Friday 30 July 2010

Clare's weekly challenge - pink flowers and swirls



This is my card for Clare's Weekly Challenge on the DoCrafts website. This week's challenge was sketch challenge. I rotated the sketch for my card.



I stamped the flower bouquet image with a Memento ink pad. The stamp is my Circa Designs. I coloured in the image with ProMarkers. I added highlight with Sakura pens. I stamped some of the flowers again and I used them to decorate the corners as per the sketch. I mounted the finished image onto black and gold card panels.



I chose to use a scalloped edge card blank as I thought this would complete the image and background paper. The swirl background paper is from the Henbury Lane range by DoCrafts. I attached a piece of bright pink ribbon across the background paper before I attacked it to the card blank. I tied another piece of the ribbon to the ribbon strip. To finish I added a greeting by Craftwork Cards.

3 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful card - very elegant.

Helen x

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi Georgina, you have made such a beautiful card, love the image and how you have layered the flowers. Good luck with the challenge, I keep meaning to enter each week, but never seem to have the time, lol! Have a super weekend, hugs Heidi xx

coops said...

beautiful card georgina.the image is fab and i love the colours and the great backing paper.

xx coops xx