Sunday 4 July 2010

A couple of Summer cards


These are two cards I've made using Little Claire Designs stamps. The Summer theme is certainly in keeping with the recent weather we have been having.



I am entering this card into Clare's Weekly Challenge on the DoCrafts website.

This card was made using 'Beach Huts' set of stamps. The pair of huts, bucket & spade and the row of huts were stamped with a Memento ink pad and coloured in with ProMarkers. I cut a panel of sand coloured card for the background panel. I used the 'To Beach' stamp for the same set to stamp the pattern. I used VersaMagic Gingerbread ink pad to stamp the panel.



I used Nestabilities to cut the bucket & spade image circle and the red frame. I added the pair of beach hut images to the background panel first onto this I added the row of huts. Across the top of the row I added Linen Thread by Stampin' Up. Lastly I added the circle with foam pads. All this was attached with double sided tape to a square card blank.



The second card was made using 'Lily & Flourish' stamp set. This is July's Little Claire's Stamp Club set which arrived yesterday. As soon as I saw it I just had to make a card with it.



I started by stamping the lily with Memento ink pad and again I coloured it in with ProMarkers. I added gold highlights with a gold Sakura pen. I used Nestabilities to cut out the ovals.

I used a square scalloped edge card blank for the card. I scored a line vertically half way down the front of the card and folded that panel back.



I used the flourish stamp from the set for the pattern on the pink inside panel and also on the front of the card. I cut a panel of blight pink card for the inside of the card. I used white Kraft ink pad by Stampin' Up and Peony VersaColour pad for stamping.

I attached a strip of white sheer ribbon across the pink panel. I also tied a bow of the same ribbon with I attached the the card with PVA glue.

The oval lily panel and greeting was attached to the front of the card with foam pads. The greeting stickers were also by Little Claire Designs. I lastly added, with small circle foam pads, gold Card Candy by Craftwork Cards.

3 comments:

coops said...

2 fantastic cards georgina,really fab images and layouts and love your colours.luv coops.xx

Cherie said...

Hi Georgina, your cards are gorgeous, love the lily image and paper. Thanks for the inspiration I have some of the base cards and didn't think to use them that way.
Hugs cherie

MissyB said...

Hi,

Great card, from a fellow Little claire DT member, look forward to working with you.

missyb x