Saturday 24 July 2010

Passion for ProMarkers - week 61 challenge



This is my card for this week's Passion for ProMarkers challenge. The theme of this weeks challenge was to use 'distressing' on your card.

The stamps I used for this card are from the Summer Magnolia Stamp Club set.

I started by stamping Little Mermaid Tilda with a Memento ink pad. Using the masking technique I stamped the Seaweed around the Mermaid. I coloured in the image with ProMarkers. I added Stickles to the bubbles and Mermaid's tail to finish. I mounted this onto dark teal card.



I cut a large panel of the dark teal card for the main background. The circle paper is by DCWV.To keep with the distresses theme I tore the edges. Around the edges I used a sponge dauber, from Stampin' Up, and VersaFine sepia ink pad to add an aged distressed look.



I tore a strip of blue Whitewash Co'ordination paper. I screwed it up to and sanded it before adding it to the card. I stamped the Shells with VersaColor ink pad.

To finish I added a greeting by Craftwork Cards with foam pads. Around the edges of this I sponged the sepia colour.

10 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Georgina. Love the image you've used and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

coops said...

stunning card georgina, love the tilda and the scene you have created.gorgeous colours and love the little seashells.

xx coops xx

Anonymous said...

Fab card Georgina, love all your distress work. Thanks for joining us at PfP. Sue C x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Georgina.
Thanks for joining us this week at PfP, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Georgina, what a pretty card. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for sharing us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

Such a fun card. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week.
Hugs Anja

Debs said...

Such a sweet card...love the image...
thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x

Julie said...

Hi Georgina - this is so cute - great distressing too! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week!! Juliexx

Emma said...

Aw such a beautiful card Georgina, gorgeous colours and details.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk

Andie's Space said...

Hi Georgina,
This is gorgeous. Your colouring looks fabs & those aqua tones are so pretty. The distressing & detail looks fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx