Thursday 12 August 2010

Good luck card



This is a card I made for a friend at work who left today to have her baby. I used a large 8x8 card blank. Both this and the pattern papers I used are by Craftwork Cards.



I used my Cricut to cut out the lady and her accessories. The image is from the 'New Arrivals' cartridge. The pieces were cut from white smooth paper. I coloured them in with ProMarkers. As there were so many pieces I though it easier to cut them all in white and them just colour them in.



The lettering was also cut with my Cricut using the 'George Basics' cartridge. I used a Quickie glue pen to stick all these pieces to the card.



All the patterned paper are from Craftwork Cards Anglomania range. I cut them using Fishers patterned edge scissors as I wanted a fabric sample look to the pieces. I cut button shape piece from co-ordinating coloured card. To finish I added diamond Stickles to her top and stitching to the main white panel with a light blue fineliner.

3 comments:

Helen said...

That's a great design - very stylish.

Helen x

Unknown said...

Really like this. Mary x

Linda said...

I love this card, what a clever idea to cut everything in white and then use promarkers. Having just received one of your cards prompted me to look at your blog, your cards are stunning. Linda xx