Sunday 29 August 2010

Patchwork Jenny



This is the birthday card I made for my auntie Jennifer's birthday which is today. Happy Birthday! The stamp set I used was a gift from her. The name of the stamp set is 'Jenny' so I thought it would be ideal for her birthday card.

The stamp set is from the Patchwork Polly range by Jayne Nestorenko and Crafter's Companion. It is such a pretty stamp and I was very pleased with my finished card.



I began by stamping Jenny, her heart bag, the flowers and patchwork squares with Memento ink pad. I coloured them all in with ProMarkers. I used a different colour range to my normal cards. I used an olive, burgundy, peach and lemon tones. I think these colours suited the style of stamp. I cut out Jenny using Nestabilitites and added small dots about the edge with a fineliner pen. I cut out the heart shape bag and attached it to Jenny with a Quickie glue pen.

The main background panel was Kraft card by Stampin' Up. I used the large grid stamp from the set and Rich Razzleberry ink by Stampin' Up to create the pattern.



I added the Kraft panel and Jenny to the scalloped edge card blank. Around the edge of the card I added dots with a fineliner. I added the flowers around the edge of Jenny. Alternate ones were added with 1mm foam pads. The greeting was also added with foam pads. This stamp was also part of the set. The patchwork squares were added with double sided tape.

To finish I added Glossy Accents to the centres of the flowers and patchwork squares.

2 comments:

coops said...

beautiful card georgina,the image is fab and i love your colours and papers.

xx coops xx

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card, love the colours and image you've used, great layout too :o) Lisa x