Sunday 17 October 2010

Cupcake Tree



This is my card for this week's I Love ProMarkers Challenge blog. The theme was 'Cupcakes'. So I thought the perfect stamp to use would be Cupcake Tree by Little Claire's.



I begun by stamping the main tree image with Memento ink pad and coloured it in with ProMarkers. I also coloured in a white peel-off greeting with a pink ProMarkers. I added the gold ribbon with a gold Sakura pen. I used my new Scalloped Oval and Oval cutting dies from Little Claire's to cut of the stamped image. I added dots with white and pink pens.



I make the backing paper myself. The single cupcake stamps were part of the same 'Cupcake Tree' set. I stamped each cupcake individually and coloured them in with ProMakers. I added a strip of ribbon and a cupcake brad to the patterned paper. I attached this to a card blank which had been covered with pink card.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great card Georgina the little brad was the perfect finishing touch. Mary x

Tine said...

Hi Georgina. Great card with a fab backing paper - well done! Those finishing touches of tiny pink & white dots and the brad, really help make the card classy. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
Tine :)

Lorraine said...

Oh, and my mother always told me cakes didn't grow on trees. She lied, lol.

Gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

coops said...

gorgeous card georgina.yummy image and colours and i love your handstamped backing paper :D

xx coops xx