Sunday 9 January 2011

A challenging day...



I have two challenge card for you today so this is why I've called it a challenging day. Both are for challenges on the DoCrafts website. For both cards I used the new Birdsong stamps by Papermania.



My first card is for Clare's Weekly Challenge. It was an inspiration challenge. I used the colours from the inspiration photos - pinks and white.

I begun by stamping the tree with Stampin' Up Razzleberry ink pad. I stamped it again in Pixie Pink ink pad bt Stampin' Up. I cut of the tree truck and added it to the Pixie Pink tree. I cut a white square of the card for the background which I stamped various small stamps from the Birdsong set. I used Pixie Pink ink pad for the background. I stamped the greeting with Old Olive ink pad. I cut out the tree and greeting.



For the main background I cut a square of Kraft card. Onto this I mounted the stamped background panel and a panel of vellum. I attached them with brads. Across the card I added a punched strip of Kraft card. I used the wide Martha Stewart flower punch for the centre strip. The greeting and tree was attached with foam pads. To finish I added diamond Stickles to the tree and silver dots around the edge of the vellum.



My second card is for the new challenge with has started for DoCraft Creativity Club members. This was a sketch challenge. I begun by stamping the tree with Memento ink pad and coloured it in with ProMarkers. I added gold Stickles to the centre of the flowers. I stamped with greeting with Sepia VersaFine ink pad.



I cut up the tree image as per the sketch. I punched the greeting out with a scalopped circle punch. For the backgpound I cut two panels of light blue card. One panel I punched with a Martha Stewart flower edge punch. To finish the card I added gold dots with a Sakura pen.

1 comment:

coops said...

gorgeous cards geaorgina.the image are stunning and great colours :D

xx coops xx