Friday 22 April 2011

Birthday rose



This is a birthday card I have made using a new toy of mine - the Spellbinders Rose Creations Nestabilities. As soon as I saw then I knew I 'needed' them!

I begun my cutting the petals and leaves from coloured card. On the leaves and top layer of petal I lightly embossed some details using a round ended embossing tool. I put a little PVA glue between each layer and I also added a brad to keep all the pieces together.



I stamped a section of flower design on a Kraft card blank using Stampin' Up Crumb Cake ink pad. Onto this added strip of white, green and burgundy card. The edge of the burgundy card was punched with a my Stampin' Up eyelet punch.

To finish the card I added gold peel-off strips and a birthday greeting which was cut using my Cricut.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just Beautiful. Mary x

Sue - said...

So simple but SO effective!

coops said...

beautiful card georgina.i love the flower :D

xx coops xx

Louise said...

Mmm, that rose is stunning x
Happy Easter xx

Carol S. said...

Simply elegant, love it! Carol S.xx