Wednesday 5 October 2011

Dots and buttons



This is my card for the following challenges
Lili of the Valley - Button it
Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge - Use Polka Dots
Divas by design - Button up

The stamp I used for the card is Maisie Sitting Pretty by Lili of the Valley. I begun by stamping the image with a black Memento ink pad onto smooth white card. I coloured in the image with ProMarkers. I cut out the image and mounted it onto a panel of red card.



For the background I cut two squares - one of red card and the other from white card. On the white card I stamped red spots using Real Red ink pad and Polka Dot stamp both by Stampin' Up. I added these to a square card blank.



I die cut the red swirls using a Marianne Design Creatables die. The flower layers were cut using a Spellbinders Nestabilities Rose Creations die. I embossed the flower layers using a spotty Cuttlebug embossing folder.



I stamped the greeting frame with Real Red ink pad and punch it out. The stamp and punch I used is by Stampin' Up. I added a peel off greeting which I had coloured with a red pen.

To finish the card I added red and white dots and red buttons.

11 comments:

Lisa Cornwall said...

Aww so cute. Love the colours of your papers and the buttons. So pretty. x

Louise said...

Aah, its lovely - the embossed flower and dotty background are fab x

Jessica said...

Really pretty card Georgina - an Ally Pally purchase perhaps??!! lol Jxx

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

wowie what agreat card you've made!

Pop's Cards said...

HI sweetie this is stunning, love your colour choices here and great use of buttons, thanks for joining us at LOTV this week hugs pops x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Beautiful card, love the red and white colour scheme and gorgeous colouring on the image
Lindsay xx

Dena said...

This is so sweet in red and white! Great job!!!
Thank you for joining us at the LOTV Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh my goodness that is precious. I just love this awesome color combination and image. How simply divine. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy the Cat's "Dots" Challenge. It is a delight to come visit to see what you made for our viewing pleasure. Good luck in the drawing and to come back next week to see what you cooked up for our next challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

coops said...

gorgeous card georgina.i love your colour combo and details and the image is adorable :D

xx coops xx

Winnie and Patty said...

What a great card for our polka dot challenge!!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

Brenda said...

Awww this is so cute!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge.