Friday 6 January 2012

Buttons, buttons



I would like to share with you all card I have made using my Georgina's Buttons & Stitching stamp set that I have designed for Little Claire.

I have used the set to create the background paper and also the frame round the greeting. I love to create my own patterned papers. It means I can use the colours I want and create the exact pattern I want.

To create my paper I started by stamping the button stamp all over a piece of white card using various coloured ink pads.



I stamped the buttons also onto Post-it notes. I cut out the button shape and covered up the stamped image on the white card. I then stamped more buttons onto the white card but over lapping an existing stamped image.



I continued this until I was happy with the pattern I had created.



I attached panels of my patterned paper to a scalloped card blank. I stamped the stitching to create a frame for the greeting on the front of the card. I stamped a button onto pink card. I used my Croc-o-dile to put holes through the button. I threaded pink thread though the holes before adding to the card.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Super card, I ordered my set yesterday but they have sold out so will have to wait till next week, not surprised they sold out, its a super idea, Mary x

Louise said...

This is fabulous Georgina! Love your stamp set and this is a great tutorial. Thanks for sharing xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous Georgina, love how you have used your stamps.... enjoy the weekend.
Wendy xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Its fantastic sweetie & love the button background you have created!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma