Thursday 26 January 2012

Seascape



This is my card for the following challenges:
Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge 91. The theme was a Birthday card. And, Creative Inspirations blog challenge. The theme was 'anything goes'.

The stamp set I used for the card was Seascape from Little Claire. I begun by stamping the elements of the main image using a Memento ink pad onto one piece of smooth white card. I coloured in the image with ProMarkers. I then cut the image into three panels and mounted them on a piece of red card.



I cut a piece for dark blue card for the background. I rounded the bottom corners with a corner rounder. I added the image panels and then a strip of red ribbon before adding it to a scalloped card blank. I stamped and coloured the anchor and lifebelt images and added them to the card.



I stamped the greeting and mounted it onto panels if red and blue card. I tied a bow with the red ribbon and attached this to the card. To finish I added nailhead stickers and faux stitching.

7 comments:

Little Claire said...

This is one of my favourite cards Georgina,you have captured the nautical feel perfectly x

Barbara Colbert said...

What a great layout! Excellent colors too! Thanks for sharing with Speedy Fox and Friends!

Pat said...

Love those colors together and the panels look wonderful. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and friends.

Payne Holler Cards said...

now this just pops! love it!
thanks so much for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends (-:

mags said...

Super card. The red against the dark blue really stands out. Lovely.
Mags
x

Designing with Debbie said...

Gorgeous card. I love the red and black together. Thanks for playing along with us here at Speedy Fox and Friends challenge, we hope to see you again next week. Make sure to check out our challenge with Friends of SpeedyTV for more fun with Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Co.

Mau xx said...

Love this Georgina, the window effect is superb and great image xx
Love the striking colours too xx
Hope you are well xxx