Wednesday 23 May 2012

Butterfly canvas


This is a canvas I made as part of my successful application to be part of the Craftwork Cards Design Team.

I started by creating the grey paper frame. I used strips of paper from the Craftwork Cards Sweet Pea range. I added faux stitching around the edge. I laid this on the canvas and lightly drew around the edges. I removed the frame before stamping the grasses. The stamp set I used for this was Graceful grasses and birdcages. I added Stickles to the grass heads. All the ink pad I used are from Stampin' Up.


I attached the frame to the canvas. I stamped flowers using the Butterflies and blooms stamp set onto white card. I cut these out and added the to the frame.
Using the Butterflies and blooms stamp set again I stamped a selection of butterflies either directly onto the canvas or onto white card which I then cut out and added to the frame. I added brown Cosmic Shimmer PVA to the centres of the butterflies.


I stamped buttons using the button stamp from the Butterflies and blooms stamp set in brown ink. I added a layer of Glossy Accents. Once they were dry I cut them out and threaded linen thread through the holes. I also added a yellow Card Candi.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

This is gorgeous, what a lot of work you have put into this. Well Done.
Maureen.......x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Georgina, huge congrats on the DT too hun. Way to go girl.

Donna x

Mars x said...

really beautiful! Mars xx