Wednesday 6 June 2012

Creativity Club event - the cards



I want to share with you today two cards I made at the DoCrafts Creativity Club day last Friday. It was held at the DoCrafts HQ near Bournemouth. I was a great day out. So lovely to meet new people and also people face-to-face who I know either through the Club or at the HQ.

I stayed in Bournemouth on Thursday evening so I didn't have a very early start on Friday. Stay at lovely hotel, The Hermitage. Had a sea view and the food was very good. I met up with other Club members (Cheremane, Janice and Naomi) and Jo and Shelia from DoCrafts and C&C TV fame, on the Thursday evening. Had such a fun evening with them. Made a great start to the Club event.

As well as crafting in the free time during the day, I also attend a focus group, social media workshop and a craft workshop. There was such a variety of things going on there was something for everyone. And a yummy bbq lunch too.

The focus group was interested to see new products that are being planned and to know more about how a new product comes about and the work involved. There were a couple of items I think I'm going to 'need'. More details about Social Media is always helpful as I'm not very adventurous at trying new things. I got some tips which will help my blog and I might even start on Twitter. I always enjoy a craft workshop. There's new techniques to try and different layouts and designs. It was a great day out. Looking forward to the next one...

The two cards I made during the day were made using printed downloads which are available to Club members.



They were Tea Party (above card) and Shabby Chic Florals Part Two (card below). I used different patterns and design from the printed sheets along with ribbons and gems.







3 comments:

Unknown said...

It was so lovely to finally meet you! Beautiful cards.

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Two great cards, so glad you have a good time xx

hyper_ni said...

Hellooo its Naomi, the DO demonstrator/club member one! ;)
Both gorgeous cards, glad you enjoyed the evening too, lots of laughs and was lovely to meet you. x