Wednesday 4 July 2012

Monochrome Alfie


You may have seen my Alfie card recently on the Craftwork Cards blog. But I thought I would also show it on my blog too.  I used a monochrome theme which is something a bit different for me.  

The bear stamp I used for the card is Craftwork Cards Alfie - Just For You. He was stamped using a black Memento ink pad and coloured with ProMarkers. I cut him and the black circle out using Lacey Circles Nestabilities.


Both the flower pattern background panel were stamped using the Craftwork Cards Privilege Club free stamp sets that were recently available to Club members. They are a lovely selection of flower designs and make a lovely background paper when they are all stamped together. I also stamped single flowers which I added to the edge of the rectangle panel.


I layered all the panels onto a square card blank. The sentiment I added is a Craftwork Cards Friend Sentiments die cut. I added black dots around the edge of the sentiment and the Lacey Circles with a fineliner. I also added some Newsprint Candi. To finish I added a gem to the centre of Alfie's flower.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Georgina. Gorgeous card the image is adorable and the layout is fantastic. Caroline xxx

Carol S. said...

Hi Georgina, Love the black and white. The colouring on the bear is brilliant. Great card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, such a lovely image and the colours are so beautiful

Sue

coops said...

so stunning georgina.really gorgeous image and design :D

xx coops xx