Thursday 18 October 2012

Butterflies

 
This is a pretty butterfly birthday card I have made. You may have seen it featured on Little Claire's blog yesterday.
 
The butterfly stamps I used to create the background pattern and the embellishments around the greeting are from the Butterfly Tree stamp set by Little Claire. I stamped the butterflies using a Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad. I coloured the images with ProMarkers.I used Baby Pink, Cocktail Pink and Antique Pink.
 
 
I added the coloured patterned square to a square of pink card. I used Nestabilities to cut out the stamped greeting and frame. The greeting stamps is part of the Lazy Days stamp set again from Little Claire. I added this to patterned square. Before adding it to the card blank I punched holes and threaded pink ribbon through.
 
The single groups of butterflies I stamped to go around the greeting, I also added Stickles to the wings and brown Cosmic Shimmer PVA to the bodies. There were added to the card with foam pads. To finish the card I added faux stitching and pearls.


1 comment:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card I love all the butterflies. Caroline xxx