Tuesday 13 August 2013

The girl in the chevron dress

 
This is a large tag I made using Chevron Elements stamps by The Artistic Stamper. I used the Chevron stamps to decorate the girl and background. The girls stamp I used Riley Mixed Media Doll by Prima which is also available from The Artistic Stamper.
 
I started by stamping Riley twice on smooth white card using a Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad. I coloured the skin and hair of one doll with Copics. I cut the whole doll out leaving a small white border. I then used the Chevron Elements stamps to stamp the pattern onto the top and skirt. I cut out both sections and added them to the coloured doll.

 
I stamped on the Chevron stamp all over the black tag using a white ink pad before adding the doll with foam pads. I also stamped a different chevron stamp from the set onto white card with a black ink pad. I cut these out and added them to the tag.

 
I added Glossy Accents to the head band, belt and shoes. To finish I punched a hole in the top of the tag and threaded black and white ribbon through.


No comments: