Friday 27 December 2013

Burlap Birthday

 
This is a birthday card I have made using Grunge Greetings stamp set from The Artistic Stamper and Tim Holtz Burlap layering stencil. I am entering this card into Decembers The Artistic Stampers Creative Team blog challenge. The theme is Anything Goes.
 
I started my creating the background design on the card blank. I used the Burlap stencil and Walnut Stain and Frayed Burlap Distress ink to colour through the stencil. I then stamped the birthday sentiment. I also stamped just the sentiment onto a strip of white card.

 
At the side I added a strip of chipboard. I used Grunge Paste through the stencil to add texture. Once dry I added Frayed Burlap Distress Paint. Once this was dry I sanded the top layer of paint to reveal the paste. I then added Distress Ink to the corners. Before adding the chipboard to the card I tied on a button which I made made with UTEE, my Meltpot and a mould. To finish I added faux Stitching and Dimension Pearls.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, the texture looks great.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, the texture looks great.

Carole said...

Great card very different and would be good for a male card as its always difficult doing male type cards x