Friday 13 December 2013

Gelli scraps

I have two Christmas cards to share with you today. The coloured circles on both cards were punched from scraps of Gelli Plate prints I had done for some other Christmas cards I had already make. Details about the original prints can be found here on my blog.
 
I had kept the scrap offcut from the Gelli Plate prints as like any crafter I thought these might be useful. And for once I have actually used them!
 
For my first card below I started by stamping the sentiment. The stamp I used is Christmas Sentiments from The Artistic Stamper. I then punched circles from the Gelli Plate prints. I used a 3/4" punch. I attached the circles to the card and then used a black fineliner to draw in the lines and bows. For both cards I used a 119x119mm scallop edge card blank.
 
 
For my second card I used a 1/2" punch to punch-out the coloured Gelli Print circles. I then stamped the sentiment in the centre of the card. I drew around a metal circle die lightly with a pencil for the circle shape and then attached the coloured punched circles to follow the circle shape. I left a gap at the top for the bow. The bow is from Craftwork Card's Christmas Bow Paper pad. To finish I added a red punched circle to the bow and also added Glossy Accents to it.


No comments: