Monday 3 March 2014

Flower stamp and prints

I have a Birthday card to share with you today. I have used the beautiful Catherine Scanlon Flower Frame 1 stamp which is available from The Artistic Stamper. I used the stamp for both the background and the main floral image. I also used my Gelli Plate to print the colour papers which I used for the flowers.


 

To start I printed the coloured paper. I added Distress Ink pads directly onto my Gelli Plate and then pulled off prints onto smooth white paper. The ink pads I used were Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose, Aged Mahogany, Bundled Sage and Mustard Seed.  
 
 

I then stamped Catherine Scanlon's Flower Frame 1 stamp onto the coloured papers with a Jet Black Archival ink pad. I cut out all the flowers, leaves and flower centres.

 

On a square card blank I stamped the Flower Frame stamp all-over with a Antique Linen Distress Ink pad. I stamped the sentiment using Walnut Stain Distress ink. The sentiment is from Grungy Greetings #1 set from The Artistic Stamper.

I printed another strip of paper on the Gelli Plate using the Antique Linen ink pad to colour the Gelli Plate. I cut a 'V' into the end of the strip before adding to the card blank. I added the cut-out flowers to the card.

 
 

To finish I added faux stitching, Glossy Accents to the centre of the flowers and dot of brown Dimension Pearls.


 

3 comments:

Catherine said...

This is so beautiful, thank you. Do you mind if I share it on my blog this week? I love it so much!

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Lovely card!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

It is fab! :)