Friday 8 August 2014

Florence's Flowers

Today I have a decorated frame to share with you. I use two recently released stamps from The Artistic Stamper for my projects. The two flower pot stamp are designed by Debbie Cotton. They are Florence's Flowers large and Florence's Flowers small.


To make this project I started by painting a wooden frame with PaperArtsy Tinned Peas Fresco Finish paint. The frame I used was 15x15cm collage frame also available from The Artistic Stamper. Once dry I started added the stamped and coloured images.

I cut a square frame of white card to go around the edge of the frame. I stamped just the flowers onto the frame. I also stamped a large and two small flower pots. I used Distress Ink pads and Distress Pens to colour the flowers. To use the Ink pads I stamped the pad directly onto a tile. I added a little water so the ink could be used as a watercolour.
 

I stamped the flowers pot only onto dark grey textured card. For the smaller pots I didn't ink the text on the stamp so I just had the put outline. I cut out the pots and added them to the coloured flowers.

I cut a square of white card for the background. I coloured the card with Tumbled Glass and Stormy Sky Distress Ink pad. I added this to the frame and drew black faux stitching around the edge. I added the centre flower pot directly on the frame. The other two pots I added with foam pads. To finish I added Glossy Accents to the centre of the flowers and a black pearl to the top right corner.
 

No comments: