Friday 5 June 2015

Another PaperArtsy blog challenge #10 Bottles

I have had some good crafty time this week. I have made two crafty items and therefore my second blog post for the week. Today I have a decorated bottle to share with you which I am entering into PaperArtsy blog challenge #10. The theme is Bottles. My bottle was inspired by the blog post Blue Bottle {by Sue Carrington}. I liked the tissue paper technique and painting onto the glass that was used by Sue so I wanted to give it a go myself.


I followed Sue's blog post on how to cover the bottle. I started by painting the beer bottle and cap with two thin coats of Mocha Mousse Frecso Finish paint.
 

Onto tissue paper I stamped the leaf and dotty paper using stamp from Eclectica Darcy 11 stamp set with a Jet Black Archival ink pad.
 

I turned the tissue paper over and painted in the stamped images with Cheesecake, Pumpkin Soup, Tinned Peas, Guacamole, Beach Hut and Baltic Blue Fresco Finish paints.
 

Once dry I painted all over the back with Mocha Mousse Frecso Finish paint.
 

I then torn-up the tissue paper and attached it to the bottle and cap with Decopatch glue. I also added a layer of glue on the top on the paper and then left to dry.
 

I stamped leaves and flower, again from the Eclectica Darcy 11 stamp set with a Jet Black Archival ink pad onot white card. I painted them in with the Fresco Finish paints. I watered down the Tinned Peas and Guacamole to make them less opaque. I tied thread around the top of the bottle and then tied on the leaves and attached the flowers.
 

2 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Love your take on Sue's idea. Your bottle turned out so well. I love that Mocha fresco paint. It always reminds me of chocolate milkshakes :oD Lx

Kirsten said...

That looks great!